Monday, June 13, 2011

Bobbie Nail Polish Hot Collection in patent blue

Whenever i feel bored, sad, lazy, tired..one of my fave perk-me-up is a good mani and pedi. Over the years, i have perfected giving myself a manicures and pedicures at home. DIY mani and pedi is like a therapy to me. not only does it releases stress it also helps me save money since i like changing nail colors weekly. Imagine how much will it cost me if i will have it done weekly in the salon..yay! magrereklamo for sure si husband.



Yesterday, while watching afternoon teledrama, i glanced at my nails and found my purple nail polish chipping off. Damn. I hate chipped off nails. I took my mani-pedi stash, grabbed the bottle of bobbie nail polish remover and a small cotton ball and removed all pesky traces of my old nail polish. After checking my stash, i decided to give my nails a color that will perfectly match the cold, rainy weather..blue! so i choose bobbie nail polish hot collection in patent blue. It's basically a traditional royal blue color which i love because it compliments on my skin.

Among the local brands of nail polish, Bobbie is what i like best especially their hot collections. Aside from being inexpensive {cost only Php 32.50}, i think they are the one more likely to be toxin free because they don't contain toluene, formaldehyde and dibutyl phthalate.


Just a few FYI regarding the three common toxic nail polish ingredients:


Toluene
Toluene is a human reproductive and developmental toxin. It may affect the nervous system with symptoms like tiredness, confusion, weakness, drunken-type actions, and memory loss. It is thought to cause liver damage and skin irritation. In high levels it may affect the kidneys. Toluene has been linked to birth defects in laboratory animals.

Formaldehyde
Formaldehyde is a carcinogen and a common indoor air pollutant because its resins are used in many construction materials. Formaldehyde has caused cancer in the nose and throats of lab animals. Inhaling the fumes can result in watery eyes, headache, burning in the throat, and labored breathing.

Dibutyl Phthalate
Phthalates are used to soften plastic, and are known to affect hormone function. Studies have linked phthalates to early puberty in girls and low sperm counts in men. Environmental groups claim phthalate exposure may contribute to the rising number of uterine problems in women and testicular cancer in men. It could also be one of the contributing factors to a rise in infertility in both sexes. Repeated and heavy exposure to dibutyl phthalate may cause nausea and/or vomiting, tearing of the eyes, dizziness, and headache. Long-term exposures may cause damage to kidneys and the liver. Pregnant women must consider that dibutyl phthalate may harm the developing fetus and the male testes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment